He's a 5' 4'' cop in a 6' 4'' world.
I have to thank one of my older brothers for switching me on to this classic.
The opening scene of man cooking his breakfast had me thinking maybe it was time for my bed and sleepytime. But, what shortly happened next in the scene made me reconsider.
Brilliantly directed by first-timer, and if I'm not mistaken his only time as a director, James William Guerco. The cinematography is a treat for the eyes, with lots of shots of Monument Valley which was also the background for many a western.
Robert Blake plays the coolest cop in FILM, yes even more than Dirty Harry himself. He crops up in another cult favourite, David Lynch's Lost Highway, but I don't think he has done any better than in this film.
P.S. Anyone know where I can find a copy of Busting also starring Robert Blake? It also stars Elliot Gould and is directed by Peter Hyams. Your help would be very much appreciated.
Welcome to my first ever blog. So be kind. It will mostly consist of great cult films that I have viewed personally and would like to recommend to other punters. Punters who are a bit bored with the big blockbusters cluttering our screens and are seeking something slightly more askew than the norm. Some will be dramatic, some funny, some scary, some thrilling, some all those things and some may even make you question your own sanity. Enjoy...
Definition of Cult
[kuhlt]
noun
1. the object of such devotion.
2. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
adjective
3. of, for, or attracting a small group of devotees: a cult movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment